Lifestyle: Amazon’s Kindle Fire – a summer essential

If you know me, you’ll know that I’m a massive bookworm. Last year I managed to read 50 books and this year I’ve set myself a target of 52 on Goodreads. The main reason why I’ve managed to read so many books in a year is all thanks to my Amazon Kindle which I’ve had for almost six years now.

At first, I didn’t like the idea of e-readers and e-books at all, I was one of those people who would insist that ‘real books’ were better because you could feel them and smell them, however I was easily converted once I received my kindle for Christmas and I would not be without an e-reader now.

I was recently contacted by Amazon and asked if I would like to review their Kindle Fire tablet and I was really intrigued to see how it would perform compared to my original Kindle and my iPad. As my Kindle is one of the original ones, there’s no backlight and I struggle to read it if I’m in a dimly lit area or on an overnight coach however there isn’t a problem with the Kindle Fire as the LED screen is completely lit up making it super easy to read a book when you’re travelling overnight.

I like the way the Kindle Fire is so compact, at just 8 inches wide, it’s the perfect size to slip in my handbag and is a lot easier to carry around than my iPad. You can download all sorts of apps for it and you can also access your emails and browse the web which is really convenient for travelling. The battery life on the Kindle Fire isn’t as good as my original Kindle, but I can still manage a whole day of use with it before I have to charge it again.

The Kindle Fire comes in a variety of colours and I chose the royal blue one as my dad will be using it too and taking it away to Dubai with him in a few months. He’s really impressed with it and has even been watching tv shows on it when my mom has been hogging the telly.

If you’re really into reading but don’t like carrying around heavy books, I highly recommend you get yourself a Kindle, they’re so convenient, you won’t regret it!

Share:

17 Comments

1. desire
    July 30, 2017 / 10:52 pm

Very nice 🙂 I really enjoy reading your blog. Good job!

2. July 31, 2017 / 7:57 pm

I got myself a Kindle Fire in the Prime Day sales and I was amazed how far they have come, they are so light and easy to carry around, I think it’s going to hopefully get me back into reading.

3. July 31, 2017 / 8:31 pm

They are cleaver gadgets nowadays.
    I have noticed though Ebooks prices seem more then the actual book in same cases.

Good luck on your challenge!!

4. July 31, 2017 / 9:51 pm

I’ve also got myself a kindle but I have been really bad this year and haven’t even read one book! Well done you on reading 50 books last year! I hope you hit your 52 target this year!

5. July 31, 2017 / 10:56 pm

I love my kindle fire. I literally wouldn’t be without it, especially over the summer when I want to read a few books in the sun!

6. August 1, 2017 / 1:29 am

I am exactly the same when it comes to books vs e-readers, in fact one year my foster mum was going to buy me a kindle but she decided not to as I would not use it. I would quite like one now though x

7. August 1, 2017 / 11:26 am

In my mind I still don’t like the idea of using a kindle and I buy physical books all the time, but one day I know I’m going to cave x

8. Joanna
    August 1, 2017 / 1:16 pm

I keep saying I will buy a kindle, it is so much easy to read books when you have them stored on one device. I think it’s a great gadget for when you go to the beach. it’s always hard to read a book on the beach, when you are trying to sun tan.

9. August 1, 2017 / 3:37 pm

This is indeed a good alternative if you don’t want to carry books with you. It’s good to have a book, yet it pays to use a Kindle for those times that just cant bring the hard copy.

10. August 1, 2017 / 5:11 pm

52 books is no mean feat. You must read loads. I barely have time to read the time lol. In my defence I have 3 children. I think if I had a kindle I might find reading easier to use than lugging around books.

11. August 1, 2017 / 8:39 pm

my friend had bought the kindle and he really likes it. it sounds like a great and more budget friendly alternative to other tablets

12. August 1, 2017 / 9:14 pm

I did get kindle on my phone and still didn’t manage to read much, I need to start reading more, I miss it.

13. August 1, 2017 / 11:40 pm

My little boy has the kids kindle fire and it’s amazing!

14. August 2, 2017 / 8:10 pm

I do love a good book, that being having the time to read the book. even handier having it on the go I love that but I have found with some books I was interested in it seemed cheaper to buy the actual book to the ebook version.
    my Ipad is easier to read kindle books but my girls have an amazon fire and they’re a good size for them

15. Sarah Ann
    August 2, 2017 / 8:46 pm

I really need to get a Kindle. I’ve been putting it off for so long because I’m someone who adores books but the convenience of a kindle – especially when travelling – makes perfect sense. I’m always the one lugging around books!

16. August 2, 2017 / 9:41 pm

We love our kindle fire, we use it mainly for movies and it’s great quality!

17. August 5, 2017 / 4:55 am

I’ve got a kindle too and couldn’t live without it! So great for when you’re on the move or travelling.