Lifestyle: 30 before 30

In 30 months time I will turn 30. 30 years old. That’s pretty scary and it’s got me thinking – what have I achieved in those 30 (well, 27.5) years? I’ve done a few things in my life that I’m proud of; I managed to get myself a degree in Archaeology, I passed my driving test and I’ve made somewhat of a success out of this blog. Despite this, there are quite a few more things that I would like to achieve and/or experience before I turn the dreaded 30,Β so I’ve compiled a list and I’m hoping to be able to cross everything off by the time October 5th 2019 rolls around.

1. Move back to Winchester
2. Start a masters degree
3. Visit Bournemouth
4. Travel to another new country alone
5. Grow my hair long again
6. Stay in a five star hotel
7. Be a published writer
8. Learn how to crochet
9. Take up scrap booking
10. Visit New York City
11. Visit another two cat cafes (visited one in Barcelona on 07/06/17 and London Cat Village on 05/08/17)
12. Pay off all my debts
13. Sew an item of clothing
14. Stay in the Disneyland Hotel
15. Go to a festival (Y Not 2017)
16. Learn yoga
17. Go camping (I camped at Y Not 2017)
18. Make flavoured vodka
19. Run a 5k
20. Visit Brighton (I visited Brighton on 09/08/17)
21. See Matilda in London
22. Complete the 30 day shred
23. Go on a girly holiday
24. Learn how to cross stitch
25. Reread all the Harry Potter books (Have finished 1/7)
26. Go on a spa day
27. Go glamping (I glamped in Brighton on 09/08/17)
28. Ride a horse
29. Go to a concert in another country
30. Rent a car

I think allΒ of these are achievable if I set my mind to it and I only really need to tick off one per month. Hopefully I can do a few of them before the end of this year. I’ve made sure that not all of my goals cost a lot of money, obviously staying in a five star hotel and staying in the Disneyland Hotel would cost a fortune and a trip to NYC isn’t the cheapest, but the rest aren’t all bad. There’s a lot of UK cities that I want to visit so I’ve included two in this list which would be easy to get to when I move back to Winchester.

Share:

15 Comments

1. March 30, 2017 / 3:23 pm

Good luck with your 20 before 30 bucket list! I tried to do something similar when I turned 30 last year x

2. March 30, 2017 / 6:37 pm

I think your 30 things are very achievable, especially as you have 30 months to complete them. You have a lot of fun and wonderful things on your list and I think you will enjoy doing them x

3. March 30, 2017 / 11:54 pm

A good achievable list of goals, I’m sure you can do it.
    May I just add, from an old fogey of 44, 30 isn’t scary at all πŸ˜‰ It’s fab, and amazing, and it is the time for you to have all this fun.

4. March 31, 2017 / 6:10 am

Oh good luck with your goals. I think I’ve set my goals too high for my 30 before 30. I have 2 years and 9 months’ and have picked 10 countries outside the UK x

5. March 31, 2017 / 9:57 am

Hope you manage to achieve your goals! I need to do a 40 before 40 as I am on the wrong side of 30. πŸ™ x

6. March 31, 2017 / 10:27 am

I like your list. I can motivate you to run the 5 k, complete 30 day shred, if you promise to take me along on a girly holiday where we will cross off your ‘stay in a 5 star hotel off the list haha

7. March 31, 2017 / 10:33 am

Good luck with your 30 before 30 list! I’m sure you’ll be able to tick them all off πŸ™‚

8. Joanna
    March 31, 2017 / 3:15 pm

I will be 30 in about 2 months and to be honest, I am freaking out. I haven’t done a list with things I would like to do before I am 30 and i don’t really have much time to do one but yours is pretty cool! I actually live next to Bournemouth and I would recommend you to go to the Jurassic Coast instead, it’s much more beautiful πŸ™‚

9. March 31, 2017 / 9:11 pm

Good luck with your 30 before 30 goals! They are some brilliant goals here. I want to learn how to crochet too πŸ˜€

10. April 1, 2017 / 7:27 am

Your list are so many but I wish you fulfill all those! Travel alone in another country is a must I guess. Such a one of a kind experience!

11. April 1, 2017 / 10:01 am

I need to do a 40 before 40 list with me. I didn’t managed to crossed everything off my list before I turned 30. I want to be in my 20s again. xx

12. April 1, 2017 / 8:16 pm

That’s a good list. If you make it to Brighton make sure you eat at Riddle and Finns they do some great seafood x

13. April 2, 2017 / 12:00 pm

It’s great to have a goal to work towards. I am also on a mission to do 30 countries before I turn 30 πŸ™‚

x

14. April 2, 2017 / 6:10 pm

Ooh what sort of book would you like to write?