If my cat had Tinder..

Tuesday 8th August was International Cat Day. I’m sure you saw all of the crazy cat ladies that you follow on Twitter and Instagram going on about it and sharing photos of their cats and I was definitely one of them. I was approached by Talented Talkers on behalf of the RSPCA and asked to write a dating profile for my cat, Bertie which I thought would be hilarious. I have absolutely no luck on Tinder, so maybe Bertie would be more successful if he had a profile – who could resist this cutie?

▪️Name: Albert Periwinkle Warren (Bertie) 🐾
▪️Age: 11 months 🐾
▪️Hobbies: Chasing moths, biting feet and cuddling with my humans. 🐾
▪️Likes: Tuna, Dreamies, lying across laptops and flicking the cat litter everywhere. 🐾
▪️Dislikes: Loud noises, new people, being told ‘no’ (even though I don’t really know what it means) and that big box of cat food that my humans just bought. 🐾

I think Bertie’s ‘dating profile’ makes him sound desirable – he’d definitely be able to get himself a date. Who wouldn’t want to swipe right?

You can view the other cats who have their own ‘dating profiles’ over in this gallery.

Bertie came to live with us in October when he was six weeks old – he was found in someone’s garden three weeks before and was hand reared by my brother’s girlfriend until he was ready for his forever home. We’d just lost our 19 year old cat, Patch and we were all absolutely devastated but having Bertie around really helped us through. Bertie has such a funny personality, he’s terrified of everything and when we first got him he used to do that puffed up cat dance (we call it the ‘Bertie Dance’) all the time but he’s getting a lot better. He still takes himself under the sofa if we have people round that he’s not familiar with, but if he knows you he will be nibbling at your feet.

Bertie, (also known as Bert, Albert, Bertrude, Shitbag, Bertbag or Bertie Bott) will be turning one year old next Monday and although I’m sure he won’t have a clue what’s going on, I’m going to make sure he has the best day ever and he’s going to be spoiled rotten! I’m going to buy him his favourite food, take him for a walk around the garden and get the laser pen out. I’ve even bought some little party hats for us to wear – I think I’m more excited than I should be!

What little quirks does your cat have?

Share:

13 Comments

1. September 1, 2017 / 1:32 pm

Haha oh Bertie how awesome would your tinder profile be, I bet you would get loads of responses. 😉

2. September 1, 2017 / 1:56 pm

Berties sounds wonderful!! I love the tinder profile for him, so funny!!

3. September 1, 2017 / 9:32 pm

Aww, how lovely! What a lovely kitty and such a cute name – he sounds like he’s royal with such a title! Our cat is a bit bonkers, she’s very large and is going through a phase of jumping up to my daughter’s shelves causing chaos – with hindsight, not the best place to hide the cat treats!

4. September 1, 2017 / 11:06 pm

We haven’t got any pets but my twin daughters would love your Bertie. Mich X

5. September 1, 2017 / 11:29 pm

We don’t have any pets and to be honest I’m not really a cat person but Bertie looks and sounds lovely.

6. September 2, 2017 / 11:13 am

My daughter loves cats. I’m sending her a link to this.

7. Joanna
    September 2, 2017 / 11:54 am

Bertie looks so cute! I have 2 cats myself and love them to death. Mika, the older one, is very shy and quiet, while Tommy is the joy of the house, running around and cuddling everyone who meets.

8. September 2, 2017 / 2:32 pm

What an adorable cat and I love the idea behind this post. I relate so hard to the flicking litter everywhere ha! Great post Hayley 🙂

9. September 2, 2017 / 5:26 pm

Your cat is adorable and sounds more of a suitable date than a lot of guys out there x

10. September 2, 2017 / 6:39 pm

I don’t have any pets myself but I’m glad Bertie came into your life at just the right time to help you get over the loss of your other cat. Love that one of his names is Shitbag ha

11. September 3, 2017 / 7:55 pm

I absolutely love this and would never have thought of writing a dating profile for a pet but it is great!

12. September 3, 2017 / 9:21 pm

What a cutie. I doubt he even needs tinder to get a date lol. How doesn’t love cuddles!

13. September 6, 2017 / 9:05 pm

Bertie is just the most beautiful cat. That final photo is just perfect and really shows his character.