The run up to Christmas can be so stressful, for many different reasons. Trying to organise Christmas events, buying presents and trying to afford it all can take a lot out of you. It is so important that we all take some time out of our busy schedules to relax and recharge. We only have one body and mind, we need to look after them. Leading energy provider, E.ON have been doing some research into how often we relax.
In their research, E.ON found out that, on average, we spend two hours a day relaxing. This is really not a lot when you take into account that most people are at work for 8+ hours a day. We really do need to find more time to relax and recharge our batteries. Getting too stressed is really detrimental to your health. Personally, when I am stressed I get headaches, I
How I relax and recharge
When I am feeling burned out, I always make sure that I take the time to pamper myself. I will have a long, hot bubble bath and while I am in there, I will do a face mask. Sometimes, I will also wash my hair and use a deep conditioning treatment. I always come out of these baths feeling so relaxed. Sometimes, I’ll change my bed sheets before I run the bath so I can then get into bed with clean sheets. There’s honestly no better feeling!
Another way I like to relax and recharge is to go out to a nice coffee shop with a book. Reading is one of the best ways to relax as it takes your mind off your own life. You are instantly transported into another world and you can get lost in a book for hours. If you want to see some of my favourite books, have a look at my Goodreads account. Nothing makes me happier than reading.
Other ways to relax and recharge
There are plenty of other ways in which you can relax and recharge your batteries:
- Have a spa day – I’ve never actually visited a spa, however I’ll be going to two in the next couple of weeks and I am so excited to just chill out.
- Switch off your phone – If you are getting stressed out with work emails over the weekend or in the evenings, then switch off your phone. You’ll be amazed at how relaxed you can feel when you don’t have to worry about your phone pinging every few minutes. If you’re going away, then switch on your Out Of Office.
- Take a walk – Being outside and getting some fresh air is one of the best ways to recharge your batteries. I love going for a long walk in the countryside near where I live. It can really help to blow away the cobwebs, it gives me time to think and it’s great exercise too.
- Spend time with your friends – You don’t always need complete silence to relax. Spending time with your close friends, people that make you feel happy can really help.
- Read a book or do some colouring – As I already mentioned, reading really helps me to relax. Before I wrote this post, I was sent a relaxation tool kit from E.ON and inside was a colouring book. I have found that adult colouring books are a great way to help you chill out.
How do you relax and recharge your batteries?
This post was written in collaboration with E.ON but all thoughts are my own.