We currently have just 6 hours left of 2018 and it seems like every blogger and they’re dog are doing a round up of the year. I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon as 2018 has been pretty good to me. I entered 2018 sitting on my own, in my bedroom in a shared student flat in Winchester. I didn’t really have high hopes for the coming year, I just wanted to finish my masters degree.
I thought that I would summarise the year by choosing 18 things that I have loved about 2018. There are so many other great things that have happened over the year but I would end up writing an essay!
1. I’ve completed a whole year of working freelance. My blog has been my main source of income and I am so proud of that.
3. I’ve been to 8 new cat cafes (Leeds, Newcastle x2, Krakow, Budapest, Bratislava and Prague x2)
4. I met one of my idols, Shirley Manson from Garbage and the rest of the band. I also saw Garbage live three times in the same week and went to Walthamstow to see Shirley Manson do a talk there
5. I bought myself a new camera in May, an Olympus Pen E-PL8 and I have also taught myself how to use Lightroom. I think that my photography has really improved since then.
6. I met Ash, one of my favourite bands from when I was a teenager and I also got to see them play live at HMV in Birmingham.
7. I finished my masters degree. All I have left now is the final submission of my dissertation and I will be able to put the letters ‘MSc’ after my name and hopefully get myself a job.
8. I worked with RedLetterDays and stayed in a gorgeous castle in Yorkshire for a night.
9. I accidentally got the wrong train when I was in Luxembourg and ended up in Belgium. Okay, it’s not exactly a good thing but it’s a funny story for me to tell.
10. I went to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for the second time and I also managed to get tickets to see it for a third time in 2019.
11. I worked with The Ivy in Winchester and had the most amazing three course meal.
12. I went to a pumpkin patch for the first time at Doddington Hall in Lincoln.
14. I worked with Hoar Cross Hall and got to stay in one of their suites, have a massage and use their spa facilities.
17. I jumped out of a plane at 10,000 feet to raise money for Action for Children. It was the most amazing experience and I would love to do a skydive again.
18. I was lucky enough to visit the beautiful town of Karlovy Vary on a press trip and I had my very first spa experience.
It’s safe to say that 2018 has exceeded my expectations and I’m hoping that 2019 will too.