Today is my last day off until the 21st! I fell asleep after Waterloo Road last night and woke up at around 10 this morning so I had 13 hours sleep! I decided to be productive, seeing as I feel bad about wasting my coach tickets to London so I’ve been tidying the kitchen and I attempted a run. The run didn’t go very well as I got beeped at by a perv on a motorbike and had builders saying things to me as I went past, so I did a mile and went home. Probably the best thing I did today though, was make cookies! These cookies always go down a treat when I make them, they usually disappear in a couple of hours. As everyone seems to like them, I decided to share the recipe with you! The measurements are all in cups which is American but you can pick up some measuring cups anywhere nowadays. I got mine from TK Maxx but I’ve seen them in Poundland of all places!
Chewy Oaty Cookies
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup oats
1 cup dessicated coconut
A couple of pinches of Ground Cinnamon (to taste)
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup
Vanilla essence (to taste)
1. Preheat the oven to around 150C and grease or line a baking tray with foil.
2. Put all of the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
3. Put all of the wet ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil on a low heat, stirring all the time.
4. Empty the contents of the saucepan into the mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients with a spoon.
5. Once the mixture has cooled for a couple of minutes, use your hands to roll the mixture into balls.
6. Place each ball onto the baking tray and flatten with your hand.
7. Put in the preheated oven for around 20 – 25 minutes. When the cookies are done, they will be a nice golden colour but will still feel squidgy to touch.. they harden once they start cooling.
These cookies are delicious when warm but still taste great when they’ve cooled down too! Let me know if you use my recipe and tell me what you think about it!