I made these brownies over the weekend and they went down a treat! Unfortunately I didn’t manage to get any decent photos of them before they were almost all gone! As you can see from the photo below, they were crisp on the outside and gooey on the inside!
Gooey Triple Chocolate Brownies
You will need
– 20cm square baking tin
– Baking parchment
– Large bowl
– Medium bowl
– Small bowl
– Electric whisk (a hand whisk will do but it’s hard work!)
– Large saucepan or a microwave
– Chopping board
– Sharp knife
– 185g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
– 3 large eggs
– 275g golden caster sugar
– 85g plain flour
– 40g cocoa powder
– 185g dark chocolate
– 80g white chocolate
– 80g milk chocolate
1. Break the dark chocolate into small pieces and, along with the butter, place into the medium bowl.
2. Half fill the saucepan with water and rest the bowl on top. Place the saucepan on the hob, on a medium heat so the contents of the bowl can melt. Stir them occasionally. Once the butter and the chocolate have melted, take the pan off the heat and allow the contents to cool.
3. Using the chopping board, chop the milk and white chocolate into small pieces and set aside.
4. Preheat the oven at 160C or gas mark 4 and line the baking tin with the baking parchment, or grease with butter.
5. Place the flour and the cocoa butter into the small bowl and set aside.
6. Place the three eggs and the caster sugar into a large bowl. Using the whisk, whisk the contents until they are thick and creamy and form soft peaks. This will take between 3 and 8 minutes if you are using an electric mixer and even longer if you are doing it by hand.
7. Pour the cooled chocolate mixture in the medium bowl into the eggy mixture in the large bowl. Gently fold the mixture using figure of eight movements until it is all one colour. Try not to knock out any of the air that you put in in step 6.
8. Using the same figure of eight movements, carefully mix in the flour and cocoa from the small bowl.
9. When the ingredients are all mixed together, add the chunks of milk and white chocolate to the mixture.
10. Pour the mixture into the pre-prepared tin and put on the middle shelf of the oven for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, gently shake the tin. If the mixture wobbles in the middle, put it back in for another 5 minutes.
11. Leave the brownies to cool until they are completely cold, then cut into squares or triangles.