I love baking, so when I was introduced to the Baking Mad website, I couldn’t wait to have a look around. Baking Mad contains hundreds of tried and tested recipes from cakes to cookies to pies to macarons. There’s something on there for everyone, no matter how good you are at baking. Last weekend my eleven year old cousin came round for the day so I decided it was the perfect opportunity to test out the website – there’s no better way to bond than over cakes. I’d been sent a selection of baking goodies including some dark chocolate chips and Heather decided she wanted to have a go at making chocolate chip fairy cakes – simple but delicious!
200g butter or margarine
200g golden caster sugar
200g self raising flour
1tsp vanilla extract
50g dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line some cake tins with paper cake cases.
2. Beat together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
3. Sieve the flour and fold into the mixture.
4. Add the chocolate chips and stir into the mixture ensuring they’re evenly distributed.
5. Spoon the mixture into 12 cake cases and bake in the centre of the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden.
We decided not to decorate the cakes as they’re delicious just the way they are. They certainly went down well with the rest of the family anyway!